4th - 5th December 2019
Following another successful event, the Automotive Surfaces Conference will once again take place in Berlin on the 4-5 December 2019 at the renowned Steigenberger Hotel.
The conference, organised by the Crain Global Polymer Group and Plastics News Europe, looks at the latest automotive interiors and electronics innovations. It provides delegates with the opportunity to learn about the latest materials, innovative technologies and manufacturing techniques in automotive surfaces.
Smart surfaces, both interior and exterior, are being developed rapidly to reflect consumer need for functionality, style and feel. Smart coatings have been the focal point to produce desired surface properties and create added value for the user. New market trends in smart surfaces and technology are developing, including a broad range of applications that can respond to changes in the ambient environment, which look to capitalise on the recent success of smart coatings.
GIS is sponsoring and attending this event.
Phil Collins will be presenting: ‘Advances in the Implementation of Industrial Inkjet in Coatings of Automotive Surfaces’
- Inkjet activity in coatings and decoration so far
- Jettable automotive hard coats – what is available and what is required
- What is needed to enable jetting of other paints and coatings
- Coating of automotive parts – example work based on real case studies
- Bringing inkjet technology to the automotive production line