Hardware, Software and Electronics for Ink Delivery Systems
Delivery Systems for Inks and Fluids
GIS delivers a range of components for Ink Delivery Systems (IDS), including custom-designed standalone electronics and software for ink supply system control, and additional support including header tanks, system controls for pressure, filtration, heating and degassing, plus system design and consultancy.
The GIS Ink System Components can be used with most industrial inkjet printheads and ink types, including aqueous, UV curable and functional fluids – subject to materials compatibility tests.
This modular solution, combined with design consultancy, allows machine builders and OEMs to integrate customised solutions according to their commercial and technical needs.
GIS Ink Delivery System components are available to the wider market – For more information or to discuss your requirements please get in touch with using the contact form.
GIS Software and Electronics for IDS
We collaborate with customers to design and configure a system tailored to your specific requirements. Furthermore, we design custom parts if required and we adopt a ‘building block’ approach allowing machine builders ultimately to source their own components such as ink pumps and filters, which reduces their costs.
Each Ethernet networked GIS ink control board (ISC-IMB-I6) can control from 1 to 6 fluids/inks independently. Two or more boards can be connected for systems that require 7 – 12 fluids/inks and beyond.
- Up to six colours per control card
- Multiple control cards for more than 6 colours
- Independent colour purge
- Overnight and weekend switch off (automatic on power off) – offers limited head drip
- Non circulating (end shooter) & recirculating capable
- Recirculating modes:
- High flow
- Low flow
- Controlled flow
- High pressure purge
- Low pressure purge
- Long term switch off (manual)
- Easy printhead change (system does not require draining)
- Fault detection
- In-line and header tank heater options
- Ink degasser
- Control cards can be daisy chained for more colours
- Single cable can bus link to header tanks (1 per colour)
- Header tanks can be daisy chained together
- Runs from 24V supply
- Ethernet cable to PC
Header Tank features and controls
- Integral overflow protection
- Integral pressure sensor(s)
- Integral control valves for switching between modes and auto switch off
- Manual valve per head (for easy head replacement) and long term switch off
- Swagelok stainless steel ink tube connectors to printhead
- Luer-lok connectors for ink in/out
- Careful design to minimise pigment traps and to encourage air bubble release
- Sized to feed number of printheads per colour
GIS offers a range of standard header tank designs. Each can support up to two printheads per tank, but can be customized as required for larger systems. GIS header tank designs also take into account different flow modes, space restrictions and ink capacity requirements for different applications and printer sizes.
Low pressure purge
- Used for most printhead types
- For end shooter and recirculating systems
High pressure purge
- Pressure built up to circa 1 bar before releasing to header tanks
- Optional support for external high pressure source
The GIS IDS Components can be used with printheads with different ink flow modes:-
- No flow for end shooter printheads such as Konica Minolta 1024/1024i/1800i, Ricoh Gen 4, Kyocera KJ4A/B
- Low flow recirculating for TTEC CF1, Ricoh Gen 5 – and for end shooter printheads using inks that can benefit from recirculation
- Controlled, adjustable flow recirculating for printheads such as Xaar 1003; Fujifilm StarFire SG1024, Samba G3L and Samba G5L.
GIS offers a range of standard header tank designs. Each can support up to two printheads per tank, but can be customized as required for larger systems.
The GIS header tank designs also consider different flow modes, space restrictions and ink capacity requirements for different applications and printer sizes.