GIS Social Responsibility
At GIS we are committed to being a responsible business and we firmly believe that corporate responsibility is integral to our success.
We are committed to the welfare of our employees, local communities, and the environment. We are committed to minimizing the impact our activities as a business have, and we also want to make a sustainable difference.
GIS is actively involved in supporting and developing the local community by creating jobs and supporting local charities and events. GIS participates in the Cambridge Network of companies and continues to develop ties to Cambridge University for project work and recruitment.
GIS in the Local Community
Since 2014, GIS has operated a Charity Committee through which matched funding and charitable donations are made, taking into accounts those organisations which best represent all the interests and locations of employees where possible. If employees raise money for a charity, then GIS also contributes matching funds.
A new initiative in 2017 saw the introduction of an annual nominated charity with employees participating in fundraising events from a ‘Bake Off’ competition to lunchtime quizzes and more…the current beneficiary is CPSL Mind
We work hard towards minimising the impact of our business on the environment and are committed to continuous improvement.
- We offer a comprehensive returns programme for old electronics to ensure they are recycled and / or disposed of according to regulations
- We comply with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and RoHS Directives
- We work with hardware suppliers who also comply with RoHS regulations
- Our office environment incorporates many energy efficient features
- Over 30% of staff regularly cycle or use public transport for their daily commute