Atlas® User Interface & Control Software
Atlas is a software platform for the rapid development of industrial inkjet user interface and machine control systems.
Atlas can control a complete machine or act as a component in larger systems. Its unique modular and open design allows you to customise, as well as to integrate additional tools to enable a quicker route to market for your product.
Developed by GIS using the latest Microsoft .NET platforms, Atlas comprises a flexible user interface platform (Atlas User Interface), as well as machine control services (Atlas Control Software), a powerful server technology for managing the entire printing and sub-system process.Atlas Software Brochure
Comprehensive Software Platform
- Software for end users, machine development, commissioning and support
- Single platform to cover many products
- Supports scanning, single pass, direct-to-shape and custom applications
Quick Route to Market
- Rapidly develop user interfaces using production ready components
- Enhance, restrict and customise components for your application
- Compatible with existing software / system platforms
Brand and Customise
- Fully customisable user interface – including fonts, icons, colours and branding
- Easy-to-implement language localisation
- Complete GUI control with the ability to create tools
- Integrate with third party software
- Included supported languages – English, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean
Print Systems Integration
Easily integrate sub-system components including:
- Datapath / electronics
- RIP & Workflow (PDF-VT, JDF, variable data)
- Ink delivery / cleaning systems
- Vision, monitoring, verification
- Automation, motion, transport
- PLCs, heaters, dryers, UV curing
Atlas User Interface
Atlas Interface is a modular UI design supplied with two interface options for component display:
- Atlas Professional – a highly flexible control centre with moveable windows and advanced screen layout management
- Atlas Operator – HMI (human machine interface) for different operator levels with fixed screen positioning tuned to touch screen applications and rapid configuration
Atlas User Interface Software Development Kit (SDK)
Offers extensive customisation options through a variety of Software Development Kit (SDK) components. Once licenced, this allows bespoke tailoring with the ability to:
- Enhance, modify and change functionality
- Add branding, change icons, fonts, colours and additional languages
- Create new user interface tools to create one complete system
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET platform
- Example C# source code and project files
- MVVM (MVC) structure
Atlas Server Software Development Kit (SDK)
Atlas Server SDK offers a full software Development Kit (SDK) for the creation of new machine control components:
- Create drivers for any sub-systems
- Use existing MCS platform technology
- Modify and enhance MCS components
Atlas Server Application Programming Interface (API)
- Supplied with industry-standard HTTP 2.0 RESTful API
- Accessible using the open-source ‘Swagger’ framework interface on a standard browser
- Client source code and project files available for a large number of languages (C#, C# .Net 2.0, C++, Python and many more)
A sample of the Atlas toolset features
This tool provides live feedback to the user about the status of the Atlas Server and GIS Print Server. It has dimension sensitive rendering to fit into different aspect ratio dockings.
This tool provides jog control for X,Y and Z (if enabled) axes as well as a Stop, Home, Start Position, Load Substrate and Maintenance Position pre-programmed buttons. Real time feedback is given on the position of the axes.
Provides control over the setup of the Atlas Server and GIS PrintServer, including colour management, linearisation and screener settings.
Provides system developers with information about printhead alignment, nozzle bank ink mappings, nozzle enable.
Provides the end user with queues from which to set up jobs, start jobs, monitor print progress and abort jobs. Supports drag and drop or single click operation. Multiple queues for completed, available and error.
Ink system monitoring and control
Provides operator control over the ink system. Per ink view of bulk ink storage levels, current ink system mode (Off, Idle, Recirculating). Ink Header Tank temperature, warning, errors and purge control (global and individual).