GIS offers a range of components for Ink Delivery Systems (IDS). GIS has designed electronics and software for ink supply system control and also offers additional support including a range of header tanks, system controls for pressure, filtration, heating and degassing, plus system design and consultancy.
The GIS ink system components can be used with almost all industrial inkjet printheads and the majority of ink types including aqueous, UV curable and functional fluids - subject to materials compatibility tests.
GIS does not provide a complete IDS, instead we offer a range of standard components and design consultancy that allow OEMs to integrate customised solutions according to their commercial and technical needs.
We work with customers to design and configure a system tailored to your specific requirements. We design custom parts if required and we adopt a “building block” approach allowing machine builders ultimately to source their own components such as ink pumps and filters, which reduces their costs.
GIS software and electronics for IDS
Each Ethernet networked GIS ink control board (ISC-IMB-I6) can control from 1 to 6 fluids/inks independently. Two or more boards can be connected for systems that require 7 – 12 fluids/inks and beyond.
- Up to 6 colours per control card
- Multiple control cards for more than 6 colours
- Independent colour purge
- Overnight and weekend switch off (automatic on power off) - offers limited head drip
- Non circulating (end shooter) & recirculating capable
- Recirculating modes:
- High flow
- Low flow
- Controlled flow
- High pressure purge
- Low pressure purge
- Long term switch off (manual)
- Easy printhead change (system does not require draining)
- Fault detection
- In-line and header tank heater options
- Ink degasser
- Control cards can be daisy chained for more colours
- Single cable can bus link to header tanks (1 per colour)
- Header tanks can be daisy chained together
- Runs from 24V supply
- Ethernet cable to PC
Header Tank features and controls
- Integral overflow protection
- Integral pressure sensor(s)
- Integral control valves for switching between modes and auto switch off
- Manual valve per head (for easy head replacement) and long term switch off
- Swagelok stainless steel ink tube connectors to printhead
- Luer-lok connectors for ink in/out
- Careful design to minimise pigment traps and to encourage air bubble release
- Sized to feed number of printheads per colour
Low pressure purge
- Used for most printhead types
- For end shooter and recirculating systems
High pressure purge
- Pressure built up to circa 1 bar before releasing to header tanks
- Optional support for external high pressure source
The GIS IDS components can be used with printheads with different ink flow modes:-
- No flow for end shooter printheads such as Konica Minolta 1024/1024i/1800i, Ricoh Gen 4, Kyocera KJ4A/B
- Low flow recirculating for TTEC CF1, Ricoh Gen 5 – and for end shooter printheads using inks that can benefit from recirculation
- Controlled, adjustable flow recirculating for printheads such as Xaar 1002; Fujifilm StarFire and Samba.
GIS offers a range of standard header tank designs. Each can support up to two printheads per tank, but can be customized as required for larger systems. The GIS header tank designs also take into account different flow modes, space restrictions and ink capacity requirements for different applications and printer sizes.
GIS also offers many additional components for an IDS including purge manifolds, pneumatic tanks, pressure chambers, vent manifolds, vacuum pumps, ink pumps, ink and air filters, degasser contactors and bulk ink tanks
Download the ISC Datasheet